Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pregnancy update.

I have had a wonderful pregnancy this time (I know it is still early a lot can change). I have been so busy chasing my very active 2 year old I haven't had any time to sit and think about being tired, aches, pains, swelling, and all the problems most pregnancies bring. I feel like I have a TON of energy and haven't had any problems this time. I was very worried when I first found out my pregnancy was labeled high risk. I now feel good about it all. All my test look good and no signs of any problems. I talked over delivery options and I am OK with them saying they will not let me deliver natural. My son and daughter both arrived c-section so I am not upset at all with the advice I got from the Doctors. I have just ran into what might become an interesting adventure with the birth of this baby. My son was born at 36 1/2 weeks (scheduled c-section). My daughter born at 38 weeks (another scheduled c-section). The hospital I had both my children at now requires you to go 40 weeks (or more) to have the baby. I could have picked the earliest date they would allow me to go but I didn't like not picking the Dr. I wanted. I guess because this pregnancy is going so smooth I am OK with staying pregnant. LOL! I am going to see if this baby wants to cook a bit longer than we planned. The scheduling lady wanted me to know that I need to be aware that I might go into labor before I hit this date. At first I was uncomfortable with this but I didn't see any good options to work around this. I will talk it over with the doctor who is doing my section when I see him but that will not be for almost a month from now. For right now I have a date set (Sept 24). I know I might go into labor before that date. If I do I know I will have an hour drive to the hospital. I know it will take me longer than 1 hour to get to the hospital because I have 2 children, no babysitter, and a hubby who works out of state (1 hour drive the opposite direction of the hospital). I am not going to stress out with this. I am putting it in God's hands and I feel that he knows best. I know I might end up having or trying a natural birth or I might get rushed in for a c-section before the date I have scheduled. I will wait and see what happens. I am going to be OK with however it ends up happening. I am going to plan on having my baby on the day scheduled but be ready to adjust if the baby doesn't hold out that long. I think I might need that extra time to get ready for the new baby anyway. I have been thinking about the difference from giving birth Sept. 15 (what I first thought I would do) and Sept 24 (the new day I am planning on) is not that big of a difference. I guess if this was a hard pregnancy I would be singing another tune (I still might do that when I get closer to having the baby). For now I am feeling well and doing fine being pregnant so I guess a week or so difference is no big deal. I know many Moms go past a due date. I think this new twist might make it all that much more exciting not knowing what will happen. I guess I will let you all know if something changes but for now it looks like I will be pregnant a bit longer than I planned. I wonder how large a baby will grow in that extra time. T and D both weighed 7 lbs 11 oz at birth. This baby will have 4 weeks more to bake than my DS did and over 2 weeks more than my DD did. I think the baby should grow to over 8 pounds easy maybe even get close to 9 (I am just guessing I know I can be way off with this). I guess I will enjoy the extra sewing, spinning, and learning to knit time I think I will have before the baby arrives.

No comments: